Ubiquinol has been commercially available since 2007, and since that time, hundreds of studies have been conducted on the ingredient.
Evidence from research studies on Ubiquinol CoQ10 show that:
- Ubiquinol promotes heart health 1,2,3
- Ubiquinol is more bioavailable and better absorbed than conventional CoQ10
- Ubiquinol is essential to promoting and maintaining cellular energy 4
- Ubiquinol is the only form of CoQ10 that also functions as an antioxidant 3,4
- Ubiquinol replenishes CoQ10 levels depleted by cholesterol medications 5,6
- Ubiquinol promotes healthy aging and improves quality of life in older women 7,8
- Short-term Ubiquinol supplementation can reduce oxidative stress associated with strenuous exercise 9
This promising research only scratches the surface of our understanding of Ubiquinol, and more health benefits may emerge as more research is conducted. To learn more about the clinical research regarding Ubiquinol, visit www.ubiquinol.org/clinical-studies.
1Langsjoen PH, Langsjoen AM. Supplemental ubiquinol in patients with advanced congestive heart failure. Biofactors. 2008;32(1-4):119-28.
2 Langsjoen PH and Langsjoen AM. Supplemental Ubiquinol in congestive heart failure: 3 year experience. 6th International Q10 Conference Brussels, 27–30 May 2010; 29–30.
3 Mohr D, Bowry VW, Stocker R. Dietary supplementation with coenzyme Q10 results in increased levels of ubiquinol-10 within circulating lipoproteins and increased resistance of human low-density lipoprotein to the initiation of lipid peroxidation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992 Jun 26;1126(3):247-54.
4 Beamer WM and Deamer DW. Energy from Chemical Bonds: The aerobic mode. In: The World of the Cell, 2nd Ed., The Benjamin Cummings Publishing Company, Inc, Redwood City , CA., pps. 275-313.
5Zlatohlavek L, Vrablik M, Grauova B, Motykova E, Ceska R. The effect of coenzyme Q10 in statin myopathy. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2012;33 Suppl 2:98-101.
6Fedacko J, Pella D, Fedackova P, Hänninen O, Tuomainen P, Jarcuska P, Lopuchovsky T, Jedlickova L, Merkovska L, Littarru GP. Coenzyme Q(10) and selenium in statin-associated myopathy treatment. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2013 Feb;91(2):165-70.
7 Shoko D, Fujii K, Kurihara T. The effect of the reduced form of coenzyme Q10 (Ubiquinol, Kaneka QH™ ) on QOL improvement in the elderly.
8Kinoshita T, Maruyama K, Tanigawa T. The effects of long term Ubiquinol intake on improving the quality of life in community residents
9Ernster L, Forsmark-Andrée P. Ubiquinol: an endogenous antioxidant in aerobic organisms. Clin Investig. 1993;71(8 Suppl):S60-5.